Thursday, December 31, 2009
The Wine Ladies Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions. Happy New Year !
Well it’s been an unbelievable year, 2009 has, with a few challenges yes, but with many jubilations too. We’ve so enjoyed connecting with all of our radio show guests, our fans, listeners and readers, and fellow wine lovers and look forward to an even better 2010!
With the clock ticking we’ve finally penned our Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions that we’d love to share, and hope to hear back with some of yours!
A toast to 2010 for wine lovers everywhere, “Cheers, Prost, Salute, Salut!
1)We will, no matter how painful or arduous, dedicate ourselves to fulfilling our doctor’s orders of having one glass of red wine per day... Got to keep the ticker healthy!
2) We promise to never drink any wine before its time!
3) Our “21 Minutes to Fit” workouts with personal trainer Gold Medal Brazilian Jujitsu's Anthony Tullo are a killer... our biceps never looked so good (is it the 30 lb weight bicep curl, or the excercise raising our super-sized signature wine glasses...hmm) We’re signed up for another year!
4) YES!!! Yet another reason to continue to enjoy our red wine! Keep the Pinot Noir coming, one of the top grapes for “resveratrol” composition!
A glass of red will give you about 640 mg of Resveratrol. Resveratrol is a naturally occurring antioxidant found in the skin of red grapes. Research has shown that Resveratrol can reduce or slow down certain signs of aging. Let’s pull a Jack Benny, 39 AGAIN! Fill her up... Actually not quite, leave enough room to swirl, about 1/6 to 1/4 the volume of the glass, depending on the size of the glass. Swirl, sniff and savour!
5) Discover a new wine, a new grape or a new region at least once a week and tweet to our friends.
6) Write a book.
7) Explore organic and biodynamic local wines to help reduce our carbon footprint,
8) We love connecting with fellow wine lovers, enthusiasts and wine novices around the world, our goal is to try to bring the world of wine together, one person at a time, one tweet at a time, one sip at a time
9) Every day presents a new opportunity to be the best we can be, enjoy, embrace and be challenged. As Oprah says “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right”. We’re with you Oprah, live, learn and live what you learn!
10)... And finally for the Top Ten’s #1 New year’s Resolution, we promise to continue to spread our playful approach and wine tasting philosophy to the most unsuspecting wine aficionado!
Happy New Year
The Wine Ladies
Georgia and Susanne
The Wine Ladies Georgia and Susanne
Sisters, business partners, national newspaper columnists, TV personalities and radio hosts, these ladies share their passion for wine, food and living to the fullest and without hesitation. Their motto, "everything in life somehow comes back to the vine," keeps audiences entertained and informed. Join The Wine Ladies live on the air every Wednesday afternoon at 2:00pm-3:00pm for their internet TV/Radio show on www.thatchannel.com or Sunday mornings at 8:30am on The Jewel Network www.jewelradio.com (Jewel 88.5 FM in Toronto, Jewel 98.5 FM in Ottawa, Jewel 107.5 FM in Hawkesbury) as they host special guests from all walks of life. Call in live from anywhere in the world to speak with The Wine Ladies and their guests. Watch The Wine Ladies on their web TV episodes “ One Sip At A Time” as they conduct two-on-one interviews featuring leading chefs, winemakers, business entrepreneurs, financial gurus, sports stars and innovators in the entertainment, literary and fine arts communities. Georgia and Susanne have a talent for discussion that's always fun and enthusiastic . The Wine Ladies philosophy is that “Wine is part of living well, with joy, with good friends and good food, from a simple table wine to a Grand Cru”. Visit them at www.TheWineLadies.com